This interview with Gen10 originally appeared on CTRM Center, following an interview between Dr Gary Vasey of ComTechAdvisory and Gustaf Dyrssen from Gen10.
A few months ago, after talking with Gen10, I wrote about the broadening choice in metals for CTRM. Recently, I got an update and learned that Gen10 has been working extensively with Concord Resources to implement its Commodity Manager solution for refined metals and concentrates. I spoke with Gen10’s Gustaf Dyrssen to learn more.
Mr. Dyrssen told me that, as an ex-trader, he was familiar with many of the current solutions on the market in the metals space, but that he believed that the integrated workflow integral to the Gen10 Commodity Manager was a clear differentiator. “It not only allows you to define different automated rules and roles, approval levels, events, and notifications but it also ultimately maximizes your trading and operation speed without losing track of positions. It can help to transform trading and operations into a highly-focused team effort where positions are reconciled in real-time.” In fact, he has just written his own blog on the metals solution over at Gen10’s website and will be penning a mini-series on digital transformation in metals covering topics such as,
- Optionality and Visibility: helping create new opportunities, dynamic pricing and premiums,
- Support for Assays, Accounting, and Auditing,
- Efficient Operations: Less typing, more doing,
- Quantifying performance: “If you’re not measuring it, you’re not managing it” – Drucker,
- Completing the feedback loop between front, middle and back office: “If we are all working together, success will take care of itself”,
- Operational Risk can no longer be ignored: Regulations, compliance, workflow, cash flow protection, access to funding, due diligence.
Mr. Dyrssen also emphasized to me that Gen10 focus on the supply chain and helping players in the supply chain to communicate and collaborate. From his perspective, the workflow and pricing engines developed by Gen10 are the basis behind giving users the flexibility to be more creative, he said. “We help everyone do their jobs, from the bankers and suppliers on through,” he told me. “Because everything is tied together, you know exactly where you are position-wise at any point in time, which is so much better than working with a system that shows you yesterday’s position.”
Gen10 now have an offering for metals (refined and concentrates) that seems to tick all of the boxes and builds on its philosophy of enabling collaboration along the supply chain and managing operational risks.